June 21, 2012

Abe

Filipino food at its best!

Filipino cuisine is usually placed in the back burner whenever my family and I are choosing a restaurant  since we'd opt to try new and unfamiliar cuisines rather than eating dishes that we normally have at home (and since mom cooks really excellent filipino dishes if i could say so myself!)

But for Abe, our family would always make an exception! 
Some may consider Abe to be more of a Filipino-fusion..but I believe that Abe serves traditional Filipino dishes but presented in a modern, minimalist way which is more enticing to both the eye and the belly!

What I like most is how they serve dishes concocted by renowned Filipino artists in which traditional Filipino dishes such as adobo is made more special through the recipe shared by BenCab! 

Its been a while since my last visit to Abe in Serendra. Luckily, our company's Japanese partner was in town for a short visit and I had the pleasure of taking him out to dinner! Immediately we headed over to Serendra!



Binukadkad na Pla-Pla
Although the names sounds very err--harsh.. the dish definitely tastes better than it sounds!
Overgrown tilapia is basically butterflied and fried to a crisp perfection. This fish is then served with buro or fermented shrimp paste which is a delicacy of Pampanga

Being part kapampangan, some found it weird that I never really liked buro. I only learned appreciated and enjoy buro after trying Abe's version of it!






Lechon Cubano
A convenient way to enjoy Lechon!
Really like how Abe gets the skin perfectly crispy, the meat incredibly tender, and amazingly having little traces of grease and fat from the pork!






Lamb Adobo with Roasted Garlic
My family goes crazy for this dish!
Lamb is slowly cooked with the amazing and already unique flavors of adobo, made even more special by the addition of perfectly roasted garlic which melts like butter! Only for this dish, I would break my regular routine and eat all the rice I could have! 
(btw, Abe serves unlimited rice!)






Everything is better with beer..especially San Miguel Premium!




I *burp* ...

Miks


Abe
Serendra
26th Street
Fort Bonifacio
Taguig
Philippines