June 30, 2012

The Cake Club


Trying out the latest dessert spot in the metro

The Cake Club actually started as the patisserie located in the lobby of Diamond Hotel. After its recent tweeks and overhaul, I actually find myself frequently visiting Diamond for meetings and other work-related functions. I was already attracted to the various cakes and sweets that the patisserie had on display however, since I'm always there for work, I never seem to found the right moment to excuse myself and try out the treats they offered. Now I can finally try them out in a more appropriate setting. 



Chocolate Cake Ice Cream

A lot of my friends told me that The Cake Club's ice cream is a must try. I was amazed by how majority of their ice cream flavors are inspired by the popular cakes that the patisserie offers and actually have bits of these cakes incorporated into the ice cream. 

With the Chocolate Cake ice cream being highly recommended, I do admire the smooth, creamy texture of the ice cream however I imagined it to be more chocolate-y. I just didn't think it captured enough flavors of the actual chocolate cake






Supermoist Chocolate Cake

The cake which inspire the ice cream, I truly enjoyed this over the frozen treat! This cake was actually insanely delicious. A very moist cake topped with chocolate mouse , chocolate ganache, and chopped dark chocolate to finish things off! Truly death by chocolate.. the best chocolate cake being sold to date!






Le Royale
Made with Valrhona Chocolate, this had the perfect balance of flavor and texture with the smooth chocolate mouse complimented by rich hazelnut and almond layers.  






Baked Cheesecake

For a baked cheesecake, Cake Clubs version is perfectly light and airy, but still maintaining the rich cheesy flavor a cheesecake should have!



My new go-to dessert place!
Can't wait to comeback and try their Foie Gras Macaron. That should be interesting..


Miks

The Cake Club
Upper Ground Floor
Bonifacio High Street Central
East Superblock
7th Avenue
Fort Bonifacio
Taguig
Philippines