June 2, 2012

Missing Korea

Feeling a little "homesick"

Its only been a week and I'm insanely missing Korea already..

What I miss most was having kimchi and banchan at every meal, the very red and not to mention spicy stews which were our go-to dishes during the tours, and of course, ssamgyupsal!
Since the family was going to be complete this saturday night, I offered to whip up dinner and prepare a Korean meal for the family!

I immediately went out and bought some korean-style pork belly
Thankfully our local supermarket already has these prepared thinly sliced at the meat section!






Kimchi Rice!
Just sauteed bacon, garlic, onions, sesame oil, and kimchi which i brought home from Korea.
Mix with white rice and top with sunny-side up eggs.. Done!






Of course, a Korean meal would not be complete without some alcohol
Magkeolli was the choice for the night since my family favors semi-sweet cocktails!






MASHISOYO!

I hope hyung would be proud of me!



감사합니다

Miks