May 20, 2013

Special Delivery from Bacolod

A surprise package which my sister hand carried all the way from Bacolod!


While I was away in Singapore for the weekend, my sister also went on her own adventure and spent the weekend with her friends in Bacolod. 

So although we arrived back in Manila on the same day, our flights were 4 hours apart so I opted to head home and waited for her there..



and then she shows up at our doorstep carrying this!!






Calea's Famous Chocolate Cake

Two thick, ultra-moist layers of fudgy chocolate cake seperated by a a generous layer of creamy custard and then finished of with a heavy coating of chocolate ganache.

This chocolate cake was definitely something worth hand carrying all the way from Bacolod since it made everyone in the family. I was happy about all the sinful aspects of the cake starting with the moist, thick chocolate cake, up to the rich and velvety chocolate ganache. My mom actually liked it because despite it being overloaded with chocolate, the cake had just the right amount of sweetness, with each component complimenting the sweetness level of the other.



So much for doing a cleanse right after my Singapore trip...

Miks