May 25, 2013

Tito Chef

 The next stop of the food adventure!


BF is certainly becoming the new haven for foodies all around the metro. With countless blogs posts and magazine articles featuring new, must-try restaurants from this fast growing food hub, one of the most featured restaurants was Tito Chef. 

A brainchild of Chef Menoy Gimenez, an instructor at the Center for Culinary Arts as well as the Master Chef of C2 Cravings. We immediately made Tito Chef our top priority of this little adventure of ours.
 

Since we were gonna be doing a lot of eating today, we opted to just sample a few light dishes to share.

 Salmon Tartare

I really liked the fresh, tangy flavor the dill brings to the salmon. The caviar of course was a fine finish to cap of the presentation. I don't want to knit pick, but I would have preferred thinner slices of melba toast because it was tad bit overpowering for the delicate texture and flavors of the salmon tartare. Then again, this gave me the perfect excuse to just enjoy the tartare by using a spoon haha.






 Lamb Paella

To be honest, we were expecting a mini paellera suitable for two so we were surprised to see this intricately presented dish. The rice was perfectly cooked and flavored beautifully by the stock and saffron. Although the lambs was cooked nice and tender, I was expecting the dish to have that distinct lamb taste. I mean the whole dish is good, tasting really like how a good paella should taste, but I just expecting that unique lamb flavor to be infused all throughout the dish.






 Spinach and Raclette Souffle

A light and airy souffle with just the right puff on top.






For the raclette sauce..

I was actually very excited to see how this was going to taste since I've only tried raclette plainly melted and enjoyed on its own. So as a sauce, I think the flavor of raclette cheese was not strong enough to boldly stand once incorporated with cream. 

I find that to get the full flavor of raclette, the pungent aroma is a key factor. So as the aroma diminishes once incorporated into a sauce, so does diminish the flavor.



I do commend Tito Chef for bringing in modern and intricately designed dishes which the South has been waiting for. I do think I need to make another visit to get a better grasp of the flavors Tito Chef is known for.


Looking forward to my next visit!

Miks


Tito Chef
#2 President's Avenue
Sucat
Paranaque
Philippines