December 16, 2010

Instant Spaghetti with Meatballs


So I was spending another lazy morning checking emails and being hooked on the Food Network when I caught an episode of "Down Home with the Neelys" where they we're cooking a tomato pasta dish for an intimate dinner party of 4. With the site of sauteing tomatoes looking just scrumptious, I immediately knew what I wanted for lunch.


After once again raiding Car's pantry and fridge, I found a can of diced tomatoes and some left over Italian Sausages. To change things up though, I decided to remove the casings of the sausage and use the sausage meet and turn them into my version of Italian meatballs over a hearty serving of spaghetti.


Canned Tomatoes
Tastes just like the real thing, except it has a longer shelf life..





Reinventing the Italian Sausage into Meatballs
1st Step: Add lots of pepper and Parmesan cheese!





Next Step, roll meat into bite size meat balls





Cook meat balls in a little drizzle of olive oil...





Once the meat balls were cooked,
I just added the canned tomatoes, allowed that to simmer a bit..
Season the sauce and then just toss in the pasta!


and in 15 minutes, I had a hearty serving of Spaghetti with Meatballs! Comfort food= a big bowl of pasta!

Miks