August 27, 2012

Deconstructed Omelette

making breakfast more interesting

Even if I've been planning to get fit to make some room (for weight gain at least) for our eurotrip, I woke up with a sudden craving an omelette. Well not exactly. I was looking for a breakfast dish that had everything on it which meant an omelette however i do prefer having my eggs sunny-side up.

 So the light bulb moment went off and I got inspired to make my version of a deconstructed Omelette. 
Cooking together everything I wanted in my omelette but then leaving the egg to rest just on top of everything else.


For my omelette filling.. the things i could find in the pantry.
Diced spam. Spinach. Day-old french bread which I cubed and drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.






Start by frying the spam until browned and heated thoroughly..






Toss is the bread

The reason I opted to add some sort of bread crumb was so that I had something to soak up the runny yolk once I cut into the sunny-side up.






place a couple of handfulls of spinach followed by a few drizzles of olive oil and balsamic vinegar just to season the spinach a little bit.






Place the finished omelette filling into a serving dish






top with a sunny-side up egg







enjoy!!



Good Morning Beautiful World!!


Miks