July 6, 2013

Old Town Sushi Newark

 
a favorite spot, now closer and easier to get to!



The first time I tried Old Town Sushi was in their branch in San Mateo and I had a plane to catch back to MNL.

Ever since, a trip to the airport would not be complete without visiting Old Town Sushi.

Now that I'm back in California, it turns out that I no longer have to wait to drop of someone at the airport to get my sushi fix since Old Town Sushi actually had a branch nearby. When mom found out, she immediately planned our weekend around having dinner at Old Town Sushi in Newark!


(photo above)
Number 1 Roll

Shrimp Tempura, Salmon, and Tuna filled roll topped with avocado, green onion, and mounds of spicy crab meat salad

The biggest roll I've ever seen.. This roll had been a family favorite ever since our first visit. A visit to Old Town Sushi is never complete without this.






Super Dragon Roll






 Soft Shell Crab Tempura, Lettuce, and cucumber filled roll
topped with crab salad, avocado, and eel.

I find this roll unique due to the play of several textures. The crunch from the inside of the roll goes very well with the rather unique, tender texture and flavor of eel. 






Lion King Roll

A California roll made special with a topping of salmon and mayo then baked until golden and bubbly.

Another family favorite!





and a side order of Agedashi Tofu

Deep fried tofu served with bonito flakes and ponzu sauce





Another spot I think I would be frequenting...

Miks



Old Town Sushi
34932 Newark Blvd
Newark
California
94560
USA