July 7, 2013

Revisiting Crepe Vine

 A new "airport" hangout


The first time I got to try out Crepe Vine was when my cousins were dropping Car and me off at the SFO airport as we headed to London last year (memories..)

Now, as Car and I headed over to the airport to drop off mom and dad, we decided to make a pitstop at Crepe Vince since mom and dad hasn't tried the place yet and their flight was an hour delayed.



(photo above)
New Orleans Benedict

Large Crab Cakes on top of soft Engligh muffins. Topped off with perfectly poached and runny eggs and a generous drizzle of Cajun Hollandaise.

I remember my cousin Mark ordering this during our last year and ever since, I've wanted to head back to Crepe Vine just to have this. Definitely one of the best eggs benedict I've ever had. The Cajun Hollandaise just really keeps thing interesting and fresh. 





 
San Francisco Crepe

Smoked Salmon, capers, red onions, and spinach crepe drizzled with a dijon-dill sauce.

This was actually dad's order but since he looked really jealous of mine, I decided to half with him mine in exchange for a half of his crepe. Turned out to be a fair trade since this crepe was delicous. The dijon-dill sauce really helped in giving the smoked salmon and fresh, tangy flavor which is needed especially when dealing with a large serving of smoked salmon. The oiliness of smoked salmon can tend to be overpowering, so the dijon-dill sauce helps take that oily, smokey flavor away.


I think we have now found our new airport hangout!

Miks


Crepe Vine
1310 Burlingame Avenue
Burlingame
California
94010
USA